25 Jan Planning and preparation for Rhinoplasty Beverly Hills
Posted at 01:28h in plastic surgery los angeles
Rhinoplasty Beverly Hills or nose surgery is a surgery procedure that shortens or lengthens your nose, changes the shape or counter, narrows the nostrils or lifts or defines the tip.
While planning for the surgery, your rhinoplasty Beverly Hills surgeon considers your features, the skin on nose and what you would like to change. Rhinoplasty can modify bone, cartilage or both. Talk with your surgeon about what you can achieve from it.
1. Straighten the bridge of nose
2. Reshape the tip of nose
3. Reduce or add to the overall size of nose
4. Change the angle between nose and upper lip
Rhinoplasty can also repair injury defects, correct a birth defect or improve some breathing difficulties.
Like any major surgery, rhinoplasty carries risks such as bleeding, infection and an adverse reaction to the anesthesia. Other possible risks specific to rhinoplasty include
1. Recurring nosebleeds
2. Difficulty breathing through nose
3. Numbness in and around nose
4. Possibility of an uneven looking nose
5. Persisting pain, discoloration or swelling
You should talk to your doctor about how these risks apply.
Before the plastic surgery Los Angeles surgeons recommend discussing important factors with your doctor to determine if the procedure works well for you. Such factors include:
1. Medical history. The doctor asks questions about conditions you have or have had, as well as any medicines you take. If you have a bleeding disorder like hemophilia, you may not be a candidate for rhinoplasty Beverly Hills.
2. Physical examination. The doctor conducts a complete physical examination, that includes laboratory tests such as blood tests. The physical examination helps your doctor determine what changes need to be made and how your physical features may affect the results.
3. Photographs. Someone from the doctor’s office takes photographs of your nose that the doctor uses for before and after assessment.
4. Discussion of expectations. The doctor explains what rhinoplasty Beverly Hills can and cannot do for you and what the results may be.
Before rhinoplasty, you might need to
1. Avoid certain medicines. Avoid medicines that contain aspirin or ibuprofen for 2 weeks before and after the surgery. Take the medicines prescribed by your surgeon.
2. Stop smoking. Smoking slows the healing process.
3. Make arrangements for the day of surgery. For the first 24 hours of sedation, you may have memory lapses, slow reaction time and impaired judgment. So, arrange for someone to drive you home. Also, arrange for a family member or friend to stay with you to help with personal care.
Your rhinoplasty Beverly Hills surgeon readjusts the bone and cartilage underneath the skin. The surgeon separates the skin from the underlying bone or cartilage and mucous membranes and cuts, trims or builds up the nasal bone or cartilage.
Very slight changes to the structure aof the nose can make a large difference in how your nose looks. If slight changes are not enough, you and your rhinoplasty Beverly Hills surgeon may opt for a second surgery for further refinements. In that case, you must wait for a year because your nose can undergo changes during that time.